Friday, November 26, 2010

Obregon

Last week we went to a village to have a Bible study with the family of a family in our church. :)
I love going here, it is beautiful!

I always thought sheep were cute, but now I know they really aren't.
They stink and they do this wild stare. 

We had to plug my piano into the light bulb socket. 
(I wasn't sure if they even had electricity out here). 

Then we looked at the man's x-rays that got car-jacked a few months back. 
He broke his femur and had to have a pole and screws put in. Owww. 


We started out singing a couple of songs. 

Then El Pastor taught a simple Bible study on the plan of salvation. 
It looked like everyone was bored and not really paying attention, but when my dad got done we started singing again and the car-jacked man's wife fell to her knees weeping and praying. 
Then her daughter and the rest of the people in the room started praying and crying. 
These people have never been to a church service in their lives and they didn't really know how to respond. 
I saw the man trying to sneak and wipe his eyes during the mini-song service. 
You could see these people are really hungry.
We can't wait to see what God is going to do there!!!

(Nicole took this picture; she was trying not to be obvious...)

Mr. Macho Man that got his femur broken and El Pastor

I'm not sure who this man is, but he's part of their family. 
See the tequila bottes? Hahaha :))

Here is some of the family that were in the service. 
See the girl up front holding the baby?
She was asking me what it is like in the city, what the U.S. is like, why do I speak English, etc. 
If you've ever heard the Adventures in Odyssey episode where Eugene and Bernard's car break down and they get stuck on a farm with a boy that wants to live in the city. He tries to sell his prize pig, but gets caught...la dee da. Anyways, that's what was running through my head the whole time I was talking to her. She thinks the village where she lives is so ugly. She wants to live in Mexico City.
I told her that's totally not the coolest place on earth, where she lives is much more beautiful...

But anyhoo...Hopefully we get to back here pronto. I love it. I think I want to start my own church out there. 
I could be the Pastorette and Nicole could play the role of the pastor's wife. (You know, keep the kids entertained during church by feeding them candy and bring me a bottle of water when I'm at the pulpit).
I could preach and Nicole would "AMEN!" me and then we'd work the altars. Together we'd do the music. 
She would take up the offering and I would count it. 
See, we have it all worked out!

1 comment:

Notions from Nonny said...

That is so cool that you went to Obregon. A girl in our church is from there and parents and sister live there now. Her sister got the Holy Ghost two years ago when she visited our church. It would be neat if you could eventually meet them....

Total Pageviews