Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Missions Trip: Day #4


Saturday morning we got up bright and early, looking forward to an awesome set of services!
Conference Day #2!

We joined musical forces for this conference!
 
Abner on the drums, Isai manning the piano, Nicole taking a much needed gulp of water, and Bethany playing away on the other piano.
I think we made up a pretty good team! :))

Elder White greeting the congregation.

Bro. Mario preached an anointed message in the morning session.
^^One of my very, very favorite preachers.^^
But oh my does he talk fast!
I was translating for Sis. Clark and I butchered it... LOL. Translating rapid fire Spanish definitely is not my forte! :))

We had another wonderful time of prayer after the preaching.



Bro. Pablo from Cuautla testifying...

The choir singing...

Our people loved the choir!

Bro. Ryan preached the night service!

Second altar call!
Austin praying with his friend Oscar.

Sis. Elise (the lady with her hands raised) spoke in tongues for the first time!

Alhondra got the Holy Ghost too!

My baby prayed (I mean really prayed!) for the first time! He was crying!
Ahhhhh!!!!! Touched my heart!

I thought maybe he was just confused and crying because everyone else was crying, so I leaned down and asked him if he was praying to Jesus...
And through his adorable blubbering, he said "Siiiiii" *hiccup* :))
Thank You Jesus...

Austin and Arturo praying.


Later that night, some of us decided to get out of the rut of tacos and went out for some delicious Italian food at Italiannis!
We had a nice time there... The waiter was sooo helpful.....

~Conversations with a Waiter~
Part 1: Ordering Drinks

Waiter: "Today we are offering a special strawberry that is very good-
 it's part apple juice, part, strawberry, part blah blah blah...........
So, what would you like to drink?"
Bethany: "Sprite"
Waiter: "We have a special strawberry drink that I think would be good."
Bethany: "Sprite"
*Waiter moves on to the next person.*
Waiter: "What would you like to drink?"
Brittany: "A coke"
Waiter: "I recommend the strawberry drink."
Brittany: "...A coke."
*Waiter moves on to the next person.*
Waiter: "And for you?"
Nicole: "Water."
Waiter: "The strawberry drink is really good..."
Nicole: "Just water."
*And the same happened to the other 3 people in our group...*

I am not even kidding about that whole encounter. If you think I'm making this up, you can just ask any of the other people sitting at the table.
And puh-leaze-- as if I have all the time in the world to make up random stories. Not! :))

Since conversation excerpts are so entertaining, and even more so from this night out, I'll give you another example of how to be an obnoxious waiter. Pay attention! And you might even want to take notes....

~Conversations with a Waiter~
Part 2: Ordering Dinner

*Waiter comes back with our drinks and starts to take our orders.... For the sake of time, I'll just share 3 people's ordering experiences...*

Me ordering:
Waiter: "What would you like to eat?"
Nicole: "I'd like the chicken that comes with the nasty sauce but made with out the nasty sauce-- instead I'd like this good sauce on top of it."
Waiter: "Well... That would change the flavor entirely!"
Nicole: *In my head: "EXACTLY!!!"*
To the waiter: "Mhmm."

Karoline and Meagan ordering:
Waiter: "And for you?"
K and M: "We'd like to the share the fettuccine alfredo with shrimp."
Waiter: "5 shrimps or 10 shrimps?"
K and M: "5 shrimps."
Waiter: "I think 10 would be better."
*Awkward silence as we all stare at the waiter.*

Bethany ordering:
Waiter: "For you?"
Bethany: "Lasagna."
Waiter: "What kind of lasagna?"
*Bethany is intrigued- she didn't know there were options!*
Bethany: "Well, what kinds are there?"
Waiter: "Just one kind."

*CRICKETS CHIRPING*

Here is the lovely and tempting dessert of the other 5 in our group.
Krispy Kreme... Mmm...
(YogenFruz for me! Amazing and gluten free! --with maraschino cherries on top of course ;P)

Beth and Britt!
Britt and Noah
Just look at those smiles! So precious! :))

Woohoo! Missions Trip: Day #4 is finally done and posted!
You can look forward to Missions Trip: Day #5 tomorrow!

Till then...

*Nicole*

P.S.  For more missions trip pictures, go visit Meagan's blog, meaganrowell.blogspot.com !

6 comments:

Mary Frances said...

FUNNY!!! They have Italiani's in the Philipines too...buuut I have NEVER seen it in the US!!! Do they have those AMAZING watermelon drinks there too!?!?!

Meagan Rowell said...

Hahahahahhahahahahahhhaa oh my!!!!! I laughed and laughed!!!!!

Meagan Rowell said...

meaganrowell.blogspot.com :)!!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Mary- Hmm... I don't think they do! Just an "amazing" strawberry one! LOL

Meg- I totally copy and pasted the link from your blog page!!! I don't know how it did that!! Hahahaha :))) Fixed it! ;P

Anali V said...

LOL

Where did you guys get the doughnuts? My cousin said Krispy Kreme is really expensive in Mexico. Is it true in Puebla too?

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Anali- At a Krispy Kreme kiosk in the mall we went to... Umm I think they are around 12 pesos. So like one dollar. Not totally outrageous ;P What's outrageous is the price of frozen yogurt here! :))

Total Pageviews