Saturday, June 18, 2011

Food Was a Nice Invention

Last night we went out to the most fabulous restaurant ever!!!
The Gonzalez family (pastors in Boyle Heights, CA) took us there last year and we loved it. So we went again yesterday with them and WOW!! I've never had food that tasted so delicious. Actually, this past week I've eaten the best food of my life.
Sunday: The Corner Bakery. Chicken noodle soup in a sour dough bread bowl. Roll-my-eyes delicious.
Monday: Las Granadas. I got a Chimichanga. OMW! The best "Mexican" food I've ever had!
Tuesday: Outback. I shared the Outback special. I'm speechless about its goodness. The steak was so juicy and tender! With fresh green beans, ate like french fries. Mmmm!!

Thursday: A burger buffet place. They give you a plain burger and you go up to the burger buffet and put whatever you want on it. It was so fun and DELICIOUS, plus we got curly fries...wow so good.

So anyways, back to this Thai place that we went to last night.
I have a lot of favorites, obviously, but this place is my #1 favorite!!
Have you ever tried to explain to someone what it's like taking off in an airplane?
Or what it felt like when you were filled with the Holy Ghost for the first time?
Well this is what I'm experiencing, trying to explain how amazingly delicious and tasty dinner was last night.
I just get this really happy feeling and I have no words.
Even in this picture, I look like I'm floating on clouds with these big shrimps.
(Shrimp. Shrimp. Shrimp....
...That's the weirdest word ever).

I have to give honor to Cesiah Gonzalez.
Last year at this restaurant, she introduced Nicole and I to boba. Oh, what a day it was!
We have never been the same since.
I don't know where we would be without Cesiah. Very sad girls, I'm sure!
Cesiah, me, Nicole.

Last year we were told that this was piranha. I found out last night though, it is pampano. Which I have never heard of, but let me tell you...It tastes like heaven with salt!
They even come with their heads attached like in Mexico so I felt right at home.
(I at a whole fish. It was amaaaaazing!)

 Cesiah, Nicole, and their Thai tea with boba

Chowing down!

So now I'm hungry?? 

3 comments:

Sarrah D. said...

Hi , your family was @ my church tonight. I would have said hi, but I was locked in the nursery all service. :(
from one blogger to another,
sorry we missed each other.

Cyndi Kaye said...

I'm actually a food lover too! So, I'll need you to tell me where that Thai restaurant is located you went to with the Gonzalez family. ; )

Jessica Wakefield said...

Oh my goooosh thai food IS the best. Siri Thai is up the street from me and I am addicted to the thai tea, coconut ice cream, curry, etc. Yumyumyumyum. :)And everywhere here delivers!

Total Pageviews