Saturday, September 19, 2009

Collision of the Cultures

Balaam's grandma and the "Little Talking Donkey".

"Hey...Yep...Uhh...Nothing to see here. This isn't really a camera...Ha. Ha."
Some of the people here believe that if you take their picture, you are taking a part of their soul.

One of our local dentists. Scary, huh?


This is the Judah's mom. She is the one that helps me in Sunday School.
Look at 'dem cheeks!! I just want to pinch them!
Pastor and Judah.
Happy 1st Birthday, Judah!!
365 days ago today, Judah was welcomed into this world with a dislocated shoulder, on account of being yanked out by his *jerk* of a doctor (no pun intended). Then he got some kind of virus and the docs wouldn't let him out for about 15 days. We still don't totally understand what was wrong with him (no English traslators) but we do know now that God is our Healer!!
We also learned that dealing with the staff at the General Hospital is a nightmare.
Anyways, Judah is SO tough!! Last night in youth service he was teetering around in the row behind me while Hno. Juan was teaching when...BAM!! I whip around, knowing he had smacked his head on my chair, ready to hear a "WHAAA!!" and have a good excuse to pick him up and cuddle with him. I mean, he banged his head so hard on my chair, I almost fell onto the floor, it shook so bad! (Ok...A small exaggeration.)
But nope. He just plopped down onto his booty, scrunched up his face, rubbed his eyes then stood up and started wobbling around again. (I was glad he wasn't SO hurt, but felt deprived of getting to drool all over him.)
All the boys in my class are like this (except for Austin-haha). I've seen them smack their noggins on concrete floors, get whooped up on by their moms, beat each other up, etc...and never shed one tear. I'm a weeny. I probably would've passed out from the pain. Ha!
By the way, this is Bethany. Because God FORBID that anyone would think Nicole is a wimp. She's a sucker for pain. She'll probably die with her foot poised in the air, ready to kick somebody.
:)

3 comments:

Notions from Nonny said...

Bethany...you need to be a writer!! Your writing is very eloquent!

Great job on the blog!! I am really enjoying it!!

Love,
Sis. K.

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Aaaw, shucks! Sis Kendrick, you're too kind!
But...I'm glad I can entertain SOMEBODY. You wouldn't believe the looks I get from MY OWN FAMILY members when I tell totally hilarious jokes. Blank stares.
:))
I think this is my new ministry. Blogging.
I JUST WANT TO BE A BLESSING!

Notions from Nonny said...

Oh...I relate!! I have three boys, well four men in my house! And the one-only-Brad!(Billy Bob Brad) NEVER a dull moment in our house!You would fit right in The Kendrick Clan! :o)

Take care! And keep us smiling!

Total Pageviews