Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Home!

When I finally arrived home, to my very own house, I walked into my room and was delighted to find this little basket on my nightstand! This was Nicole's way of saying, "I love you and I'm willing to stay up till all hours of the night hearing all about your trip to the US." Notice how their are two packets of M&M's, two chocolate popsicles, and two bottles of soda? One for me, one for her.  
I was touched by this gesture! 
I had specifically told her that when I arrived home, I would appreciate a Kit-Kat and a bunch of bananas :) She came through for me! 


As I mention in the previous blog post, my suitcases were left in Houston, Texas. I was trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility that my beautiful, purple Samsonite luggage was lost forever, along with most of my worldly possessions. I didn't have to go far with this mindset, however, because my main suitcase was delivered that day! My little roller carry-on was delivered the next morning. I was a very happy camper! 

The suitcase actually was delivered wrapped in very thick plastic and the zippers were zip-tied shut. Nothing was stolen or rifled through, thank the Lord! 

I immediately set out digging though my stuff, getting all Nicole's goodies together. 
I pulled out this bag of popcorn and Nicole wanted to know whyyyy I brought it back?! Well, my problem with this monster of a suitcase is that I have plenty of ROOM, but the airlines only allow 50 pounds. Popcorn doesn't weigh anything...and it's kettle corn! Yummm...a treat for us down in Mexico, for sure! 

I don't have any pictures of the things I brought back for Nicole - I made her close her eyes while I arranged everything out on the floor in front of her. Anyways, we had a good night and I finally breathed a sigh of relief because my suitcase and kettle corn were back with me where they belonged. :)

~Bethany~

No comments:

Total Pageviews