Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Out for Breakfast with Carmen

Sis. Carmen always knows the best places to eat. The other day, she said she wanted to take me to breakfast at the market. Honestly, I am not the biggest fan of eating there. If there is any place that should cause one to fear for their life, it is the dirty market! However, I pretty much trust Carmen with my life (and my digestive system) as she has never failed me yet, and has introduced us to some of the tastiest cuisine the streets have to offer.

We were to meet on the corner at a specific time. Being the thorough-bred American gal that I am, I got there about 2 minutes early. Carmen, arrived a couple minutes late. This turned out to work in my favor since I got to witness a little fender bender between the gas truck and a little car. The poor little clunker's hood looked like an accordion so I had to roll my eyes when the gas truck driver acted very preoccupied while inspecting his perfectly fine headlight.

We arrived at the market with no further incident. 
The smell of the food rose to my nostrils as a sweet-smelling fragrance.

Carmen made me very proud when she announced it was time to pray after receiving our plates of food.

I ordered a gordita with a slice of bistec on top - at Carmen's recommendation. 
It was FABULOUS! 
Basically, a thick tortilla filled with a pinch of refried beans. On top - green and red salsa, sprinkly cheese, onion and whatever bistek is in English...steak? 
I don't know, but literally my stomach just growled.
~Bethany~

4 comments:

Amy Bailes said...

Yum yum!

Mary Frances said...

Mmmmmmmmm!!! Looks Gooooood!!!

Unknown said...

Gorditas, oh ...gorditas I wish I could eat them more often.

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Tinzy love - I'd miss them too.....sigh...

Bethany

Total Pageviews