Monday, February 21, 2011

Los Ahuehuetes!

Last Friday, after our youth service, a couple that has been coming to our church for about a year finally decided that they wanted to be baptized. But they had a special place they wanted to be baptized ...(they had seen last Sunday just how cold the water was in the church baptistry :) haha)... They told my dad that there was a place about 2 hours away that was really nice, and the water was not so cold. So the next morning we got up at 6am, met downstairs with the group of us that was going, and hit the road to go to Los Ahuehuetes! Ahuehuetes is Nahuatl for "the Ancient Ones" and is the name of the kind of cypress trees that surround the spring. Ahuehuetes is pronounced "ah-weh-weh-tes". Nahuatl is one of the Aztec dialects spoken in our part of Mexico.
Let me tell you... That trip was horribly long. Hahaa... seemed to me to be more like 5 hours :P
But  finally we arrived :)
 


It was sooo pretty there!

El Pastor testing the water

 I love this picture :)
Paola looks so peaceful

Jose Luis being baptized

This is their son Jose. He decided last minute that he wanted to be baptized too.

Eliu and Joni

I want to dedicate part of this post to a dear old friend of mine that is no longer with me... He was a good friend, very faithful... A little simple but dependable :) We've been through a lot together these last 3 1/2 years. He's been with me through many hard times, many falls ;) But he never failed me :))
You guys, my cellphone drowned. LOL
He really will be dearly missed hahaaha. I could throw him across the room, he'd go sliding and his battery would pop out, but he always survived. He's had many adventures with klutzy me as his owner haha. But alas, on this adventure he just couldn't make it. :)))

As you can see, he is now water-logged and there's no doubt about it- he's done with. No reviving him :))

Mom and la Hna. Elvira

Now this next picture here... It was a little disturbing to some of us that went on this trip... ;)
This is adorable little Eliu, a little soaked from playing in the "clean" water (I have my doubts on its absolute pureness lol) and has found a comfy seat... And what is it that he's sitting on? Oh, that's just the chopping board that we will use in a few minutes to cut up all of our vegetables and meat...

Ohh I love this place! It's so relaxing and beautiful...

Some of the ladies starting to fix the food.

La Pastora (haha) making the salsa in a molcajete. Yummy :)

Eliu had to give up his seat finally haha...
Javier chopping up the cooked meat.

Wow... You know you wish you were here :D
This food was so delicious.
Plus a special delicacy down here called "arm". Just kidding people. LOL :))

Fixing up some tacos

Eating :)
Oh yeah, something else that happened on this fun little trip is that I cut my foot! It's a little painful, and deep... and hopefully I won't have to get a tetanus shot :( I haaate shots. 
Yep, that's all!

Then... The drive home! 
Thank God for all that He is doing here in Puebla, Mexico!

~Nicole :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been there before... So beautiful. A few miles away from my hometown San Carlos Izucar de Matamoros... Btw if ur around the area you have to visit the aquatic park there!

Total Pageviews