Monday, May 8, 2017

The New Youth Class

Recently, Abner started teaching a Sunday youth class at my church. Our kids are growing up and getting bored in little kids' Sunday school. Understandable! A few of them are in their early teens. I remember when I turned twelve, I was "so done" with Sunday school. I felt like I was was too old, too mature, and way too cool for kiddie songs and puppet shows. Our kids have stuck it out for much longer than I was willing to at that age and have been so patient!

Thankfully, we have the facilities to create a new class. After school on Fridays, my students just stack their laptops on a table in the corner and the youth class is held right here in our school classroom. It works out great!

I was there taking pictures for this first youth class. Abner invited Pastor up to pray over the new class and the kids. 
This was when Austin had first broken his leg...you can see his toes sticking out on the left.

Praying
For his first lesson, Abner gave his testimony and told the kids a little more about himself. Of course they all already know him and think he is Mr. Cool, but hadn't heard the details of his personal testimony.
I've known Abner since we were both kids and have witnessed many of his young person trials. I thought I knew everything, but it turns out I didn't and he even made me tear up telling his testimony. (You know it was good if he made ME cry.)

I prepared a game for the class - thanks to Amanda Diaz! She gave me the idea. You wrap a prize really well then pass it around to be unwrapped for a certain amount of time by the person wearing cooking mitts. It's very difficult and so funny!!!!



To finish out the class, the kids sat around chatting and eating nachos.
From what I can see, the young people are really enjoying having their own class. We are thankful for the sacrifice Abner makes each Sunday to come over after his own youth class and church service. It is over an hour commute for him and we appreciate it so very much!

Last Sunday this class had two new visitors. We are looking forward to seeing this group grow and winning more young people to the Lord! 

~Bethany~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me cry!! Sabes que el post es demasiado bueno, cuando me haces llorar. Jajajaja. Es un honor para mรญ.

Abner.

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Ay ya! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
No me mofes. O jamรกs voy a fingir lรกgrimas en tus mensajes.

Amy Bailes said...

Wait! I want to hear Abner's testimony!!! Blessings on the new Sunday School class, may it be fruitful!

Unknown said...

Aww this is wonderful, I'm so happy for you guys!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Y para el Hno. Abner que Dios te bendiga por ese sacrifico y tambien a mi gran amiga Beth!!☺️๐Ÿ˜‰

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Thank you Amy!
Yeah, he needs to get on here and share!

Bethany

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Thanks, Dorisa!

Beth

Total Pageviews