Monday, April 25, 2016

MAJOR Sunday School Happenings

We just ended another Sunday school trimester. These past three months, we've been having an attendance competition. The rules of this particular contest were that you could invite the same person over and over again and receive a point. This turned out to be a great idea because we now have SO MANY new kids coming on a regular basis!
Sunday school is on fire at Tabernaculo de Victoria! 
The first place prize was a bike. 
Jerameel won with 72 visitors! 
SEVENTY TWO! 
This is a family of hard workers! Sis. Carmen deserves a bike of her own - she worked like crazy helping her kids invite people to church.
 Sara won second place and brought 62 visitors! 
She is my newest piano student, but didn't own a piano so that's what her prize was!
We did not have the piano bought yet so instead, printed out a picture of it. She received the real deal a week later. Love her mom's reaction! :)
The third place winner was Ailyn - she brought 47 people to church! Belen won fourth place with 40 visitors and Marcos won fifth place with 15. These kids shocked our socks off! One Sunday, we had 25 visitors brought by just one family. Our church was packed out
Through this competition, I broke my record of picking kids up for Sunday school. We have a 7-seater Dodge Grand Caravan. Last month we packed 24 kids and adults in! In Mexico, there is ALWAYS room for juuuust one more!
It is a new trimester and time for a new competition. We decided that since what we are doing now is really working, we don't want to stop! We are doing another visitor drive, but this time, each kid that invites 10 people gets a ticket to Africam Safari. At the end of this competition in July, we will take all of the kids there together!
Yesterday when I was on my run picking up kids, we were almost to the church when out of the corner of my eye I saw some frantic waving going on from the side of the road. I pulled over and there a couple of our new Sunday school kids were! They were practically jumping up and down with excitement, shouting, "WE GOT OUR TEN VISITORS, WE GOT OUR TEN VISITORS!" They hopped in the car and we whipped back around to go pick the new ten kids up. 
This Saturday is Dia de los NiƱos and we are doing something pretty special with them. Definite blog post coming up about that. 
I was going to wait, but since this is a Sunday school victory report, I will include it.
Last night we had a special service with some visitors from the US. We had a wonderful altar service with many new people seeking God. I was on the piano when I heard somebody start hollering and getting loud. I looked out to see our very own little Ailyn, getting the Holy Ghost!!!! It was incredible and so touching! I don't have any pictures of the actual moment, but afterwards she went around hugging Pastor, Elder Sis. Wakefield and others...
She made Gramma cry :)
(For those that need a refresher, she is the little curly-headed girl that's been coming to Sunday school faithfully for the past couple of years. The one that, for Christmas, asked for "skirts. I'm going to church now." LOL! Her mom is the one that got the Holy Ghost at our conference a few weeks ago. See last blog post.) 
As you can see, good things are happening. I think I said this in a post a few weeks ago, but we really are seeing a harvest of souls through Sunday school. You just never know which child is going to grab onto this, and which family is going to be won! 
~Bethany~

7 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

This post made me so happy! There is nothing like seeing a child receive the Holy Ghost!

Carol Connell said...

It's wonderful to hear how God is moving in your Sunday school! Thanks for sharing this encouraging report. Please tell your dear mama I said hello.

Hermana Connell

JuliAnne Berry said...

It's so exciting to see the wonderful things God has been doing for y'all!! I sure miss the mission field. Thank you for the sacrifices you make for the glory of God!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Sis. McElhaney - We are expecting to see more of it in the future! We have lots of kids that NEED the Holy Ghost!

Sis. Connell - I will tell her! Thanks for commenting!

JuliAnne - I can imagine how you miss it. There's nothing like it! Good to hear from you :)

~Bethany~

Bethany Diaz said...

Awww! This is awesome and invigorating! I love everything about this post.
Seventy-two children! We'd love to see numbers like that over here. And I'm so happy for Ailyn...it's the sweetest thing to see a child get the Holy Ghost! God bless you and your family for your labor of love in Mexico. I look forward to seeing you all soon!!!

Amy Bailes said...

Whoop! Please give Sister Ailyn a huge hug from me! I'm so thankful!!!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Bethany - Thank you! Yes, she completely shocked everybody! We weren't expecting so many kids, for sure!
Can't wait to see you guys!

Amy - I will do it! Thank you!

~Bethany~

Total Pageviews