Monday, May 23, 2011

Nicole's Graduation Party

Just kidding ;P This is really a post about a little girl's birthday party...

BUT I really did just finish with my online high school classes!!!

I'M DONE!

I'M DONE!!

I'M DONE!!!

I'M DONE!!!!

I just felt like sharing that with you all ;)
Now for the real post haha...


Okay. So. Last night, me (Nicole),  Lolita, and a bunch of her family all packed into taxi and went off to Amalucan for a birthday party! Let's see-- I think it was the niece of Lolita's mom's sister? Umm... or maybe she was the daughter of Lolita's mom's niece... Haha :P
Well anyways, it was fun even with out knowing why or who we were celebrating. :)

Here we are, all 10 of us packed into a 5 seater taxi, headed out to Amalucan...

 One thing I learned (or RE-learned, I guess) is that Mexican families are SO BIG! Oh my word there had to be like oh goodness I don't want to exaggerate, but I think there had to have been more 100 people there. All related. Lolita kept introducing me to family member after family member, some of which she had not seen for a long time some even more than 5 years... Ay! Haha...

The little girl, Nadia Vanessa, turned 6... I asked Lolita, and she said that turning 6 is a big deal-- Then after that, the big party is the girl's quincenera. 
(What are the special birthdays for the boys?? Do those even exist?? Hahaha)
(Contrary to the popular opinion of those at our table at the party, I think that she is adorable. Meanie people. all I have to say to them is look in the mirror honey :)). Hahaaha.)
Here she is with Arturo:

This is Lolita with her cousin and his daughter. They hadn't seen each other for 5 years. This I do not understand, especially with them only living about half an hour away from each other??!! Yeah...

Oh my goodness... Next comes my favorite part :D
Oh and the theme of the party was Beauty and the Beast. 
Vanessa's dad came out dressed as the beast, wearing an ugly beast mask and they danced around for a while, and then her dad disappeared for a minute and came back as the prince and continued to dance around with her. It was so touching :))
I just know that I would have loved that if I was a little girl. :)

Boom! The transformation ;)

Lolita and Alejandra

The moon jumping house thingie for the kids...

Here's another family picture... Please don't ask how they are related, because I have no idea. Haha, I was so confused by like the fifty-eth introduction.

Lolita and Alejandra 'bout freaked out when they found out this girl was 4 months pregnant... What came next was very informative... I got a crash course on how to know if your baby is a girl or boy. Hahaha. I think the main points were that it's a boy if
1. You're really thirsty all the time.
2. You're carrying it high.
3. And in this girl's case it is definitely a boy, because if it was a girl, her other daughter would be whiny. And she's not. Therefore it is a boy. Haha... Perfect logic, huh?  

Okaaaay. So I am nowhere near wanting kids, so I'm not planning haha, but let me tell you something. If I am ever pregnant... You better not do to me what this poor girl had to endure from Alejandra. I will not put up with it... 
Can't you see that look? "Lady, get your hand off of my stomach. Don't make me pull out my mace..." Hahaa, well that's my version. 
Come on, being pregnant does not put a green light on your stomach for everyone to rub it...

Judah won a ball :)

Me and my dancing partner ;P

Ooh I liked this-
Marshmallows on a stick!  

Pinata time... 

This girl was dangerous. I was very glad to be far away from her violent swinging. Haha.

Here's the clown that they brought in-
As of lately, I'm actually starting to enjoy clowns, which is weird. I used to hate them... Maybe I'm turning Mexican. :))

I could not get this kid to put down his chicharrin for the picture :)

And lastly, Lolita and I :)


No comments:

Total Pageviews