Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Love That Place!

This morning Lolita and I went to the market.
It looks like a dog got a hold of this chicken. Or he had a bad night. 
"Hey, little chicken, did you know that one day, you would be heated in a crock pot?"


This is where we buy our beef.
I'm sure this sounds so weird, but I love this place. It's so much more interesting than just going into the grocery store and buying meat that is already in plastic. The stuff that we bought today had just been freshly killed. Yes, gross, but hey. It is what it is. We eat animals that just yesterday, they were mooing and running around the yard. 

On the counter was this huge chunk of meat.
Looks tasty, no?

Under its ribs...
Its little liver or something. 
Here is a bull that had just been brought in all skinned and was hung up.

Veggies
Canned and dry goods "department"

Little fishy fishies. They don't look like very happy campers. 


Chorizo. 
We actually do buy this and eat it. I'll admit it looks disgusting, but it sure is tasty!

I have wanted to buy one of these pig heads for the longest time, but my mother refuses to let me. She wants to know what we would do with it. DUH! Hang it in the living room! It could be our prize mounted catch. And when it starts decomposing, we could just throw it away. No biggie, right?
(Maybe we could rent one for a couple hours on my birthday. I invite all of you!)
The people here chop up the pig head and put it in pozole (soup). 

One time, my dad and I sat down to eat some tacos. I wasn't that hungry, but I saw a stack of taquitos that looked appetizing. So I ordered one, but when I bit into it, it just tasted fishy. 
And the meat was green. 
I assumed they would be made of beef or chicken, but no. It was pig brain. 
*Gasp!* "You don't like cesos?? But it's a delicacy!!"
Well honey child, you can have it. Gag.  

8 comments:

Couture by Cassia said...

Aaah the market!! That place was so FUN!!:D Folks do not be fooled by the Pig heads and skinned cow...it deff beats any grocery stores I know!!:-p..)

Anonymous said...

Beth, esto es lo mas asqueroso que he visto!!!!!!! jajaja.Creo que nadie va a comentar este post, porque todos van a estar en el ba;o vomitando. En verdad crees que esa carne proviene de vacas que apenas ayer estaban libres en el campo??? Tengo dudas :). TQM Hna Hayde.

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

TIAAAAA!! Dejame en PAZ en mi mundo donde hay huevo de gallina. Yo quiero creer que los animales tenian vidas buenas y libres ayer. Es bonito. Pues en verdad es lo que pense...antes que usted me saco el animo. Jaja! Ni modos. I still love you :))

Kassia, did we go to the market?? I couldn't remember. Well you are a witness. I didn't draw THESE pictures. Har dee har har.

~Bethany~

Nicole Wakefield said...

BWAHAHAA BETH!!!! Eggs DO come from gallinas!!! Hahaahaaahahaaa! Oh my word.... I have no idea why I am always called the ditz in this family.... LOL

Marvin C. C. said...

Bethany Raquel Wakefield That Is Disgusting! Poor Animals!!! Shame On You! You hear them scream? yeah they have feelings too! ahaha i don't want to go into this again.

Meagan Rowell said...

Lol Ohhhhh nooooo!!!! Hahahahaha :P

Hey girls, I met your grandmother last night :) (We had the CD Debut for Sis. Carmen Hood) Your grandma is a sweeeetttt lady :)

Keep up the good work on your blog!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Marvin, animals also scream when you shoot them with a paintball gun. At least mine suffered and died for a good cause!! Yeah, I'm sure you don't want to get into this again. :D

Meagan, yes my gramma is so sweet!! They told us about the 'concert'. I wish I could've been there!! Sis. Hood has an awesome voice and is so anointed.

~Bethany~

Marvin C. C. said...

I WAS CURIOS AND NEVER SHOT AN ANIMAL HAHAH BUT LATER THAT I HAD DONE IT, I ALMOST CRIED HAHAHAHA SO SHUSH!!! AHHA

Total Pageviews