Monday, May 2, 2011

Conference, Day Three

Yesterday was the longest day of my life, I do believe. 
Some of us young people went on a bus to Elder Wakefield's church. Well the bus we were supposed to get on never came, so we got on one that we thought would take us 'near' the church. Long story short...we got so lost. I still have no clue where we ended up. :p It would have been fun on any other day, but we were supposed to already be at church. So we got a taxi, but the guy had such a stinkin' attitude. I told him to stop and let us OUT! Ha. So we got in yet ANOTHER taxi and finally got to the church...late. :(

The whole time I was dreading the wrath of El Pastor. :)) With all the excitement that's gone on down here with the drug cartels and kidnappings, it's not really a good time to get lost with no phone. When we walked into church, I was expecting to get some crazy looks from everyone. 
It turns out that there had been a huge fight in front of the church before we had got there. 
People were throwing rocks and beating each other with clubs. My dad said that one guy fell over when they were beating him, so they started beating his legs, trying to break them. 
(No pictures of all that...ha...)

Sis. Hayde asked Austin where we were and he told her matter-of-factly, "Oh, they got kidnapped and are now in a house all tied up." So not disturbed. :p

Here are a few pictures. We had the morning service at Elder Wakefield's church, and the night service was held at our church. 

Bro. May preached the morning service. 

Walking crippled :P

 Altar call...

I posted about the lady that got the Holy Ghost a couple Sundays ago. Well yesterday morning, her husband got it also!! 

Abner praying with his nephew

Elder Wakefield

Bro. King preached the night service. It was so good!!!



Bro. May told us that at his church they do not let him on the drums because he is not very good. Dumb me, I believed him....
So last night when he got on the drums during altar call, I wasn't expecting much. 
Ha! He is too humble. 


No comments:

Total Pageviews