Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bedtime Prayers With Austin

A few minutes ago, I put Austin to bed. This is how his bedtime prayer went
"God, help me to have good dreams. And help Bethy to not be a brat. Help mom to get better, and help Nicole to forgive me." After this last petition he started snickering to himself, then stopped abruptly. "...Sorry, God."

Apparently when Nicole came out of her room, Austin was standing there armed and ready. He smacked her in the face with a rag. I came upon him dancing and shrieking in the kitchen and had to 'calm' him down. Hence the "help Bethy not to be a brat" part of his prayer. :D 

Twenty six days until Nicole and I fly into L.A.
I'm excited. Very. :))

Root beer...Root beer floats
Painted lines in the roads
Organized traffic
Clean streets
Fresh, pleasant-smelling air
English
Caramel apples
Fireworks on the 4th of July
Church...in English

I haven't been in the U.S. for the 4th of July about 4 years. I'm looking forward to a dazzling firework show!
Also, to be able to go to church and not have any kind of responsibility. No teaching or doing the music. No stress. 
Does that sound selfish? I'm just looking forward to sitting in the audience and singing with everyone else and listening to Pastor White preach for a couple weeks. And whoever else will be preaching. Haha :)

There's this place in Santa Clarita with thee most fabulous caramel apples. 
This is the apple I got last time!


And of course, I'm looking forward to Pacific Coast Camp in Ventura, CA. 
If you aren't planning on going, you should!
Any effort you make to be able to go will be absolutely worth it. 
Elder Lambeth is preaching. Wow, it's going to be awesome. 
Plus, it's the one place where I get to see everyone I could possibly want to see. All in one place. 

Oh, and Dad's Donuts in Burbank. Yum. 
Anyone noticing a trend? Almost everything I miss is food. 
I'm going to have to fly back here on a stretcher. :))
~Bethany~

3 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Yay!! Looking forward to seeing you both!

HonduranChikka said...

Very, very sad that I am apparently the only one NOT going to PCC!! :( It semms like everybody else is going!! *sniff, sniff* Well...I will get over it! LOL Or, maybe I should pray that God will put it on SOMEBODY's heart to buy my ticket!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How sweet to be a missionary and have the excuse!!! BAHAHHAa....Just kidding!

Chloee said...

Beth!

Can't wait until you come down!! It's almost here eek!! :) Love you girly!

Chlo

Total Pageviews