Thursday, November 16, 2017

Santa Cruz and a Trip Down Memory Lane

This summer we took a trip to California. There was nothing unusual in that, but this time we ended up going all over the place, doing all kinds of things. We had a wonderful time!

One of the main reasons for this trip was that I had to get my passport renewed. Do get this done quickly, we went straight to the embassy in San Fransisco.

Pier 39

 This place makes me so happy! I was born in the Bay Area and we were always going to SF on the weekends. This all brings back so many good memories!

Had to get some salt water taffy! 

Alcatraz there in the back

 Lunch - fried shrimp and some kind of seafood sandwich....

This guy invited himself to our picnic on the peir.

We were egging him on, coaxing him closer and closer...

In the end, he received his reward! 

After taking care of business in SF and doing some sightseeing, we headed up towards Santa Cruz. 

Parasailers... we pulled over and watch them for bit.

 We kept stopping at random beaches we drove by...
It was so so so COLD...as you can see - HA!
LOOK AT THAT HAHAHAHAH

 Dad said to act like it was hot...

 

 We spent a couple days at the beach in Santa Cruz and also went to the amusement park on the boardwalk. Super fun!
 
We rode the "ski lift"...beach lift? 

Look behind us ... hahahaaaaa!
Dad was having a good ole time. 

Creeper....

(It's soda.)
 Dinner!!

A huge fat hunk of lard...

 We passed an Episcopalian church in town - do you see what I see?

A homeless looking lady came running up to mom when we were in town and gave her a big hug and these flowers. She said she was "spreading the love". 

 

Breakfast - carrot cake and soda. 
Yikes :-/


I had my FILL of cherries during this trip. Man oh man! Is it possible to have too many or get sick of them?


 We came back to Yuba City after our little beach vacation. We got to spend time with my sweet grandparents that we hardly ever get to see!
Me and the Grampers
The grandpa, the grandma, and their two onery little troublemakers
Uncle Gary, me, Mom, Austin, Grampa, Gramma
Austin finally met his match in Uncle Gary. 
 

This sight just filled me with joy. 
 

We set a pool up in the backyard and it provided many hours of entertainment...

 We celebrated Mom's birthday while we were there...


 Austin went to his appointments at UC Davis...

Mom and I went up to Antioch one day to see our old stomping grounds...

Silvia's. I remember going there after church many times and ordering a side of maraschino cherries. It was the highlight of my life as a five year old. 

Our old house

This is the street I learned how to ride a bike on. Unfortunately, our house was on top of a hill and I didn't know how to work the brakes. I remember flying down the hill and having to make a life or death decision. Crash into the sidewalk on the side of the road, or continue down the street where cars might be passing by and crash there?
I remember careening down the hill and thinking, "This is going to be the moment when I break a bone." I chose to crash into the left sidewalk in this picture. I went over the handlebars and the bike came crashing down on top of me. 
That's all I remember, but apparently I did survive, and I didn't break anything.

 Back in Yuba City, we got donuts for breakfast early one morning...
It is a must when we are here.

 Main Street

Good times! 

~Bethany~

No comments:

Total Pageviews