Friday, July 22, 2011

Dog-Catchers

There are so many stray dogs on the streets here in Mexico. They are everywhere! Scraggly, ugly, dirty dogs with no homes. That's why we have the "dog-catchers". 
These guys are the un-sung heroes of Mexico!
There is a truck with a big cage on the back of it. These guys ride hanging on the back of this cage. When they see a dog on the street, they all jump off and with jaw-dropping coordination and unity, they whip out their lassos and go in for the kill!
They surround the dog then swing their ropes 'round and 'round. 
I saw them chasing a dog the other day and right when the dog was about to escape around a corner, one of the guys threw his lasso and caught it by the foot!!
So how do they get the dogs into the cages? 
That's the part I don't like to watch!
They get the dog lassoed then drag it over to the cage. Then they swing the dog around and around in the air until they get enough momentum to throw it into the cage without having to get near it. 
YIKES!!

It is a little sad to see the dogs trapped in there. 
They caught a gorgeous bassett hound the other day and it had its long nose pressed through a hole in the cage. It was pitiful! 
They caught our neighbors ugly poodle-beast-dog the other day. When I found out I was estatic. However, later on that day they went down and paid to have him set free. 
When I was little they caught our adopted street dog. We were so heartbroken, but my Grampa was touched with compassion and got her out for us. :))

Thee end.
~Bethany~

3 comments:

Angelo said...

Wow! Grood post! You're such a Mexican!

Dacia Loa said...

I have always hated seeing that! It just breaks my heart! I used to cry over it when we first moved here! :)

Marvin C. C. said...

I AM GLAD I AM NOT THERE! I would maybe punch the guys. Poor Dog's. It's ok though they make it to Dog Heaven! lol. Keep On Posting!

Total Pageviews