Friday, April 9, 2010

Zip Lining



Ismael finds an egg!

Ismael breaks the egg!

Daniela likes Austin. :)


The guys, showing off.



Ouch.

Now for the zip line...
One end of the rope gets tied to this tree...

...And the other end to this little tree.

And that's how it started. 

The guys slid down the rope, holding onto their belts.


Then they got a pulley and a hammock and rigged it up to where the rest of the kids could do it too. 
Austin's turn!

He loooved it!

Now Nicole...


Then the babies.
I didn't do it because me and ladders do not get along at all. 
But the kids had fun, we got to be together and that was the point. 
We are going to be leaving for the U.S. in 2 weeks to go on deputation so we told the kids last week that we need to pack these last days with as much fun as possible. We'll be gone for 2 whole months. 
I miss the U.S. and I know we will have a good time traveling and visiting the churches that support us, but if Nicole and I could...we would stay here. I cry when we talk about leaving, I can only imagine the basket case I'll be when we have to actually say goodbye. We are dreading it. ;)
I'm sure we'll be fine once we actually cross the border, but until then I have this constant sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. 
Once we get to the U.S. however, there are a few things we are looking forward to:
Caramel Apples.
Root Beer.
Root Beer Floats.
Paved roads.
Lines on the roads. 
Pretty houses. 
English. 
Green grass. 
Pacific Coast Camp in Ventura, CA. :))

Yep...we will have a good time...once we pry ourselves away from the people and get transported to the van. 

4 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

EEEK!! You're finally going to come to California!! :) We can't wait to see you and you're going to have a blast at Pcc! :)

Love you gurlies,
EliChloee

Unknown said...

I love the list of the things u guys are looking forward to do in the U.S.

Bro. Wilson said...

Your blog is very inspiring. Your doing a great job at this.

Total Pageviews