Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We Are Now Gone, Officially

This morning at 6:00am we left Puebla. Some of us are heart-broken and others are jumping for joy.

We are now in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico, which is about 31/2 hours from the border. With all the fighting going on in the border cities we decided it would be better to cross over when it is bright and sunny outside.
Personally, I would like to be able to see the bullets flying our heads.
Elder and Sis. Wakefield also had to renew their papers so we are traveling together. This is a treat.
Nicole and I rode with them all the way here, which was about 14 hours. They had taken the seats out of their van so Nicole and I stretched out on the floor and snoozed almost the whole way.

So far, we haven't gotten stopped by the police, which is a surprise.
Ha...tomorrow will be our day, now that I've mentioned it here. :))

Here are a few pictures of last night. 
A bunch of the youth came over and some of the church people to say goodbye. 
It was terrible! ...I hate goodbyes. 
We took tons of pictures. Actually THEY took tons. On my camera and on their phones. 
So here are a few of them...


We've been inviting Roberto to church for a few months now. He hasn't come yet, but he was there last night with his cousins to say bye.
One day God is going to save this boy. 
(Hopefully it happens when I can be there to see it!)
Me, Roberto and Veronica.

 Whenever I think that we won't be missed, I'll just look at this picture. 
Gotta love those facial expressions! :,(
Thank God for walkie-talkies!
Resting.
Then...Ready to go again!
And this is where we are right now, at the hotel.
...Time to rest!
 

1 comment:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Safe travels! I think you're going to be at our church next month... looking forward to seeing y'all!

Total Pageviews