Thursday, November 26, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

We recently realized that the Mexican immigration department was ordering us to "go north my valient conquistadores!" So where are we right now?" Texas. Or should I say 2nd Mexico? I was really looking forward to getting to talk and hear all English...forgetting where we were really going. And one other thing: we all felt reAlly out of place when we went to walmart last night. I think McAllen is doing a spirit week type of thing and this week is "Wear Your PJs Everywhere You Go". Well I knew this was the in thing to do, but I'd forgotten how trashy it looks. I was embarrasses for some of the people running around. They had the whole bed hair thing going. Its quite a show.

We left Wednesday morning and drove for 14 hours before we finally FINALLY saw that glorious red white and blue flag waving in the air. Austin astounded us...Even he got all sappy while we were waiting in line on the bridge, getting ready to cross over. He starting quoting from this story he had heard about a year ago about the war for America's independence. "The flag lay in a twisted position. The base of it was crushed and it was leaning but the flag was still up. It had missil shot holes in it from the British."
..."the men were praying to God to help the flag stand. Francis Scott Key went down to the bottom of the boat and told the men, 'tonight you are going to be freed from your chains and go back to your homes on America.'" Austin was saying all of this and we were playing "God Bless America" real loud. It was so fun. Then for the main moment...We crossed over and then..,
(hear the drum roll) "Oh say can you see by the dawns early light..."
I'm so glad to be back Here for a few days!
Austin just said "it feels good to be back in America where you feel safe to drink the sink water."

Oh! And today was Thanksgiving so we went to Mimi's Cafe for turkey and mashed potatos etc. It wasn't fabulous but our waiter was entertaining. Oh yes...I just want to let you all know we saw a celebrity today. I'll post pics when I get back home and you Guess can guess who it is. Ha!!
Tomorrow of course is Black Friday. We are going to be getting up at 4:00am to go get in line at Best Buy. A family in our church gave us money to buy them a computer. This could could get a little wild. Pray we don't have to scratch anybody eyes out trying to get a good deal. :))

Bedtime. My tent in front of Target is calling my name. Ho ho ho.
(Christmas music starts tomorrow by the way. We are rejoicing.)

No comments:

Total Pageviews