Monday, September 15, 2014

Problems with Students

I don't know what it is, but our boys love to collect tiny pencils. I have told them over and over again that I don't want them writing with these - it makes their handwriting very sloppy! But every once in a while I catch one of them with a nub of a pencil! They will sharpen and sharpen and sharpen their pencil until they are left with something like this....


I can empathize with them a bit since it is not *so* long ago that I was a little kid in school. I remember doing the same thing....getting to the point where my pencil was so tiny. I thought it was cute! I'd write with it until it gave me a cramp in my hand then finally break down and find a new pencil. Having a nice, long pencil was nice for a while, but eventually it'd be sharpened down to a nub, and I'd think it was the coolest thing. Then I'd get annoyed with it and get a new pencil....then it would get sharpened down.....and on and on! 

Little Turkles was caught writing with the contraband last week! Unfortunately, he did not have another pencil so we so kindly let him use one of ours! 
I only had this pink, girly pencil with a heart eraser on it. Bummer! ;)
There was a lot of snickering going on among the boys, but the next day he came with a brand new pencil. I think we may have found the cure to this problem! :)

~Bethany~

2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

I was ALWAYS the student WITHOUT A PENCIL!!! Sometimes If I didn't have a pencil I would ask to go to the bathroom and I would SCOUT the school grounds for someone's castaway NUB pencil!!! LOL

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Mary!! Haha!! You are crazy! :)

~Bethany~

Total Pageviews