Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Post

I just remembered what I forgot to post about last time. How could I? It was one of the most important things that happened this year.
I turned 19. Ha!
I have lots and lots of pictures of my birthday...but again I´m at this internet cafe on this slow computer so I can´t post. Too bad. But I will when we hook up our own internet. And Sis. Kendrick, it WILL be a novel. Lol!
So today Dolores came and made us Pipian Rojo...Red Pipian. It was so good, too bad I can´t post a smell or a taste. You guys would never eat broccoli casserol again.
Tomorrow for dinner I´m going to make stuffed chilis. We´re going ALL Mexican. Forget boring American food. ;))
Oh, also my Gma and Gpa are in the States too. So it´s just us girls (and Austin) down here in Me-hee-co. Are we "lonesome tonight"? As long as the people from church keep coming over, no. Tonight we had some more people over because Nicole made a cake. We sat around and laughed and visited...it was fun.
In other news:
Ranger has now become an outside dog. Poor baby has just can´t control his bladder. Or really likes the rugs. So I wake up every morning to the birds yelling to be let out and that dumb dog whining to be let in. I can´t win. What can I say? They love me.
...
Today we got news that we might be getting our road paved in these next few months. We don´t want to get our hopes up because this is not the first time they´ve said this...but I kinda can´t help it. No more dust! (Practically.)
Winter is coming. The rain is finally stopping. Everyone is saying that this winter is going to be super cold b/c it was ¨SO HOT!!¨ I´m sorry, but these people just don´t know what hot is. They´ve never been to Texas in July or...Belize! This weather is perfect...but anyways. Supposedly it´s going to be really cold for the rest of this year. I say BRING IT ON! I´ve unpacked my sweaters and coats. I´m ready.
...
I guess I should maybe post this on Austin´s blog but like I said, this computer is too slow.
So yesterday we were riding in the car and Austin yells from the back seat, ¨I need a pedicure on my hands!¨ We all laughed, but in the end he got his wish. Well, a manicure. He thought it would be funny to scratch Nicole in the face so her and I tied him down--with his seatbelt--and filed his fingers down to nubs. I have pictures of that too. He looks scared.
He came in my room the other day and my nail clippers were laying on my bed so he picked them up and started trying to do his nails. After a couple fingers he threw them down saying something about it being only girls being interested in that kind of stuff.

I know this is going to make Austin look like some kind of monster...but he deserves it.
Last night him and I were rough housing and he bit me! He´s never done this and believe me, he´ll never do it again. He gave me a bruise then learned what a ¨Charlie Horse¨ on your leg is.
Isn´t he just a cutie?
Well...I guess I´ll go. This whole not-having-my-private-computer thing has it´s downside. There´s a girl behind me eating a Pop Rocks sucker, and smacking her head off. I can only sacrifice so much.

7 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Happy Birthday! When was it? You said you turned 19 THIS YEAR... so was it this month or sometime in March or April?? LOL!

Sounds like Austin is being a typical little brother!

Oooh, that is my biggest pet peeve - when someone is smacking their food in my ear... I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!!!

Ash said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Imiss you guys so much cant wait to see ya all at w.c.c!!!

buttercup said...

NO Beth it makes you guys sound like monsters! Holding him down and giving him a charlie horse?? My poor baby brother. Lol.

Notions from Nonny said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Mmm...I love Mexican Food too!! I'll even eat Menudo if you don't remind me exactly what the tripe is. Usually I settle for Pozole. Same taste, and edible meat. :o)
Lol...we sold Lengua tacos at the fair this year. No way Jose! Didn't eat that!

I see that you love animals too! I love my dogs! I tried a really cute goat couple of years ago....but he wanted his mama. Either that, or get another goat. My husband said he wouldn't go for that! :o) I would live on a farm if I could!

Talk about a novel...I have kept you long enough!! Take care and tell you family hello!!

Sis. K.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bethany!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I know its very late, and I'm sorry!! Have you hear Aubrey's WONDERFUL NEWS??
Matt proposed to her!! On the 9th of October. Exactly 6 months since he asked her to be his special girl! HA! We are all SO excited! We will have to send you a pic of the ring. It is a DOOZY! A bigger diamond than mine! Well, I will go. I LOVE reading your stories! Love and miss you SOOOOOO much! OXOX
Love, Your Favorite Aunt! Darlene~~

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Ya...I heard the news, Aunt Darlene. The pictures were awesome! But then the next night I had a dream that I was at Aubrey´s wedding and I was BAWLING MY EYES OUT!! And I was totally being a snot to Matt b/c he was stealing my best Cuz. Is this a preview of what is to come? Ha! No...
Was that AdriaNNa in the background of that one picture wiping tears? If so, I feel for her.
Tell Aubrey I said CONGRATULATIONS!!! Maybe I´ll post her pics on here??

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm sure Aubrey wouldn't care.
There is a good one of Matt on one knee!!!
Aunt Darlene

Total Pageviews