Monday, October 12, 2009

First Post From Our New Neighborhood

Wow...
I feel like I haven't been on a computer for a year. Lol. Really it's only been a week. I'm at an internet place and the keyboard is a Mexican one. It's annoying! The buttons are a little different. Anyways...
We've moved into the house. It's really weird living out here. Like to get to church we don't have to drive an hour, we just go downstairs. Also one of the best parts is that tomorrow Dolores (the girl I do Sunday school with) is coming over and she is going to make us a real Mexican dinner.
Bro. Curtis Wakefield/Dad/the family chauffer left on Saturday for California. He's preaching at Bro. Johnson's missions conference. My mom does not like to drive here so we are pretty much going to be home for the next ten days. In case anyone wants to come visit us. Haha! Actually today we are going to the market to buy some chicken and chiles and other stuff to make the Mexican food.
This computer is super slow so I can't post any pictures, but I'll try later.
I had this list in my head of things I had to blog about but now I'm drawing a blank.
Oh ya.
Last night we went over to Dolores' and them's house-haha. She asked us after church if we could come over to eat. We wanted to bring something...like food or a dessert, but the fridge is just about empty. So Nicole and I dropped by the store and bought a Coke and the boys picked out some chocolate brownie things and some cookies. I didn't know that the only thing to drink would be the Coke I was bringing (or water) and the people in my church practically WORSHIP coke. Lol!! They say it is their drug. Normally I don't drink caffiene, but I didn't want to seem picky or rude, so I drank it. It was good too! But sure enough, I was wide awake when I should have been conked out. So Nicole and I stayed up last drinking Chai and listening to Odyssey and Box 13. That's an Old Time Radio mystery show. It's SOO good!! Mostly at night...haha! So we played Uno...about 150 games. Then that got boring so we decided we wanted to play "Cheating Uno". Ha!! We've done it before , but I always feel so...unsatisfied. Like if I win, I can't gloat about it or feel good, but when the other person wins I think I should have one. But...like I said. We were bored and supposed to be using our "library voices". (Mom and Austin were on the other side of the house sleeping.)
Well...I haven't laughed so hard in all my life. Nicole would try to sneak and throw cards behind her, or shove them under the nearest box, whatever you had to do to get rid of your cards. It was so funny. My stomach muscles were aching.

Ok. Mom is saying it is time to go. This isn't even what I was planning on posting about. Random. Oh well. Next time!

4 comments:

Cyndi Kaye said...

Glad to see a new post.

I've been checking every other day. Why? #1 You're blog is always interesting; #2 Rachel would say I'm nosey. LOL!

Can't wait to see the pics of the finished product [your new house]

Notions from Nonny said...

Not quite a novel...:o)

Welcome back!!!

Sis. K.

Kathy McElhaney said...

Welcome back! I've missed your insightful blogging and of course the food stories!! Not sure if Coke qualifies as a food story, but it will have to do until you tell us about what Dolores made!!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

...Believe me, I wanted to write a novel. And I will...
sometime.

Total Pageviews