Sunday, January 7, 2018

Ginger Almost Killed Us All

 A few months ago, I heard some crazy barking up on my roof. It was Ginger, my neighbor's dog, and she was going nuts. My neighbors were gone so if Ginger was to be quieted, I was going to have to do it. 

I went upstairs to the roof and found her all tangled up in the washboard stand. Sigh. 
Why someone would get a dog just to tie it up on the roof, I do not know. 

I let her free and that was that.

A few months later, it happened again. I heard the panicked barking, barking, barking. I go up and to my horror, Ginger had gotten herself tangled up in my gas tank and it was on its side spewing gas. It sounded exactly like what you'd imagine - gas under extreme pressure, escaping a metal tank. It scared me! In a show of adrenaline-fueled strength, I lifted the tank and set it upright, and turned the nozzle to shut the flow of gas off.
I'm exaggerating about the show of extreme strength... altho it was very heavy!!!
Upon closer inspection, I could see how the tank landed on the hose nozzle and broke it, which was where the gas was escaping from. 

I took this picture after righting the situation.
Ginger looks like how I was feeling. Frazzled and spooked - HA!!

Then came the awkward talk with my neighbors. "Hi, umm..your dog broke the hose to my gas tank and you basically now owe me a whole new tank of gas..." 

It went well though and we have managed to stay friends through it all. :D 

~Bethany~

No comments:

Total Pageviews