Friday, February 10, 2017

Visiting Ailyn


Ailyn's piano was acting up the other day so she asked me to come to her house to look at it. It ended up being a simple fix and it was good to go. 
Ailyn is such a cute kid with a really neat personality. I really enjoy teaching her. I'd never been to her house before because she told me the road was bad. I'd always drop her off at the bottom of the hill. This time we were walking though so she gave me a tour of her neighborhood. She lives at the very top of a steep hill.


I was wearing some flimsy velvet flats when really what I needed were some hiking boots! Ailyn practically skipped up the hill and I very cautiously and anxiously followed behind. I was huffing and puffing when we got to the top - ha!
The picture doesn't show the steepness very well but I could just imagine myself losing my footing and sliding down this dusty road.

The view was worth the climb though! You can see the entire city from her house.

I told her to smile for the camera so she struck this proud pose.
For those that don't remember - Ailyn is the little curly headed girl that started coming to church about 3 years ago when we started our current Sunday school program. She's been faithful ever since and her mom and sisters even started about a year ago. Her and her mom got the Holy Ghost some months back. Ailyn also invited another family to church about a year ago and they've become more and more faithful over the past few months. I actually blogged about their baptisms! I am praying that Ailyn gets more and more involved in church, one day can use her piano talents for God, and when the storms of life come, that she stays faithful as ever!

This is my last post for the next week or so. Nicole is getting married a week from today!! I leave on Tuesday to be with her and won't be back until next weekend. Wedding posts coming soon!!! Aaaaagg! I just can't believe it.

I hope to see some of you there!

Until then.......

Bethany

4 comments:

Mary Frances said...

YaaaaaaayyY!!! hiking is THE BEST!!! Buuuut not in velvet flats...LOL!!! Can't wait to see the pics of Nicole and that girls is beautiful, love her curls!!

Anonymous said...

Aylin es una niña muy simpática y tiene un gran talento.

Abner

Anonymous said...

Great posting!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Mary - Isn't she the cutest :)

Abner - es porque tiene una gran maestra!😇

Dad - thank you :)

Bethany

Total Pageviews