Friday, September 29, 2017

Austin and Rusty

Here's an update and Austin...and the ever-growing Wakefield family! 

As you all know, Austin broke his leg back in March. He had surgery done on it here, but it was later discovered that the bones were not lined up and therefore not healing correctly. He went to the US and had it re-broken and operated on again. 
Austin has never done so much sitting around in one year. He was going positively batty!
He was on crutches for a total of five months! Here at the end, he was given the ok to switch over to a cane. 
 

He came back to Mexico and started going to physical therapy twice a week. 
 


While Austin is in therapy, sometimes we'll grab a bite to eat or just wait in the waiting room. One particular day, Mom and I ate across the street then somehow got separated in the parking lot, then reunited at the entrance to the physical therapy...I guess she didn't see me. We sit down across from each other in the waiting room and after a couple minutes, my phone dings with a text from Mom saying, "Where are you?" 
I looked up at her and replied, "Umm, Mom? Hi." 
We died laughing.
 

Thankfully, school is done sitting down and Austin has no excuses for getting behind!
In other news - 
The Wakefield family shrunk and then grew in the past month. Dixie, one of the German Shepherds, had a mid-life crisis and ran away. My parents have been intent on all things home-protection since getting broken into late last year. They want two dogs at all times to scare off robbers. 

So...Meet Rusty, the new little Doberman.


I've kind of had a thing against Dobermans since I was little - a family we were working with had one and it looked like the meanest, cruelest dog. 
But who can resist a snuggly puppy?? He really is a cutie.


After having him a couple weeks, we started wondering if the vet sold my parents a full-grown Chihuahua. How can such a scrawny, bony little puppy grow up to be such a large and menacing dog? 


Well, I've noticed him getting bigger these past couple weeks when I go over there. He might just be the real thing...

Bethany

8 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Awwww get better Austin!!!! Cute dog!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my word! The dog's face is killing me! So adorable!! (On a side note- I do NOT think chihuahuas are cute. He must be the real thing.)

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Thanks, Mary!

Bethany

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Yeah me neither. He also kinda looks like a wiener dog in the face!

Bethany

LaLa said...

What a cute dog! It does look like a weiner dog with that nose and those ears��. Thats what I have....I LOVE weiner dogs. Poor Austin. I'm glad he is better.

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Oh man, no way!! We are huge dachshund (sp?) fans!!! Growing up we always had one...but we didn't have the best luck. One got Parvo, one got ran over, and 2 ran away. We are trying our luck with other kinds of dogs now LOL.

Bethany

LaLa said...

Aw man thats sad. Idk what I’ll do when mine die. We’ve had them for 10 & 9 years. Elvis and Priscilla. Black and tan. :-) Ive spent so much money keeping them alive when they get into all their scrapes! When we had our 60 acre chicken farm they were Security Detail keeping the perimeter safe from intruders....Always snake bites, wild animals beating them up etc. The most recent scrape was a few weeks ago..... the neighbors pit bull jumped into our yard, over our fence and tried to dismember Priscilla. Craziness!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

Oh no, that’s terrible!!!! And my parents just got a pit bull!! Scaryyyyyy :-/

Total Pageviews