Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm Not a Good Title-er


Finally the gate is up!!
9 more days till we move in!

We asked for a dove or flame design above this door, below.
Instead we got a dove that was on fire.
I think the gate guys thought it was ugly too because they changed it before we said anything.
Thank God!
Now it sort of looks like arrows wearing pajamas.
But believe me, it is better than the flaming monster.

My Dad says I post way too much about eating. But come on! We eat 3 times a day...ONE of those meals, once a week is bound to be bloggable. (We ARE in Mexico.)
So here's one more food post.
Last night Elder and Sis. Wakefield (Grampa and Gramma) called us after we left church.
The new grocery store/mall was having its grand opening and some restaurants were giving away free food and WINE!!
Grampa wouldn't let us get the wine, but the tacos were good. :P
Of course the coolest part about the restaurant is the name.
"Parrot Tacos". HA! And that's NOT meaning they cook parrots, by the way.

The flower arrangement is in the way, but see the huge...slab? of meat? There's a fire on one side and the 'giant shish kabob' turns slowly, cooking.
This guy was a really talented meat-cutter.
He would cut, cut, cut then fling a little chunk of pineapple off the top and catch it in the tortilla.
It was pretty entertaining. And the tacos were pretty good too.

Tacos al Pastor.
And we didn't get sick! Hallelujah!
The drink is called "Jamaica".
Its made out of the Jamaica flower. At least this is what Nicole is telling me.

The only annoying thing was the LOUD music.
We were practically yelling at each other to be heard above all the racket.
Oh, also one of the suits running around made me want to get violent.
FEMININE!
I think he is one of the owners. He came over TWICE to our table. Why? To put his hands on whoever's shoulder he was nearest to, get this I'm-trying-to-look-sympathetic/constipated look on his face and would say, "I'm so sorry for the long wait. Really." GAG! Thankfully he never touched me. Like Jada says, it would've been on like donkey kong!
I would have sicced Nicole on him! HA!

6 comments:

Notions from Nonny said...

Lol...You make me hungry every time I read your post!! :o)

But Taco El Pastor? Who's Pastor did you eat? How sad...

Ok..I know I need to learn Spanish!

Take care!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Please don't stop the food posts! They make me thankful... hee hee!!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

UH!! Sis. McElhaney, you did NOT just insult our dinner!
You're funny. We all just had a good laugh at your comment.

And Sis. Kendrick...you've made me wonder now why these tacos are called Al Pastor...b/c that's what the people here call (for short) a German Shepherd. Ha! We've been eating dog all this time. :))

~Bethany~

Kathy McElhaney said...

No insult intended!!! Sorry, it's just that green meat makes me a little afraid ;)

And German Shepherd!?!?!

Keep writing, I really do enjoy all your posts! Even non-food related!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Sis. McElhaney, that wasn't green meat in the tacos. It was cilantro. LOL!!

~Bethany~

buttercup said...

No remember that green intestine stuff that you cooked like chorizo?

And jamaica is made of hibiscus flowers Beth. Lol.

Total Pageviews